Apple has announced iLife ‘06 and iWork ‘06 during MacWorld SF 2006 opening keynote today.
iLife ‘06 brings several features to each of its Applications and adds a new application called iWeb:
- iWeb allows anyone to easily share his content, whatever it is: blog articles, photos, music, podcasts…
- iPhoto brings better and faster photo browsing, support for larger photo libraries, 1-click effects, improved calendar and photo book creation and the possibility to make postcards and birthday cards.
- iMovie brings more templates and themes, real-time effects, video podcast export, and improved audio editing tools.
- iDVD now supports for widescreen menus, adds themes.
- GarageBand adds a Podcast studio feature that allows you to create podcasts with sound effects and jingles very easily.
Although not demoed by Steve Jobs during the Keynote, iWork also brings several new features:
- Pages 2.0: new templates, 3D charts
- Keynote 3.0: high-definition themes, new cinematic transitions
Tables with Calculations and freeform curves, shapes and Masks and reviewer comments are the three common new features added to both Pages and Keynote.
Both iLife and Keynote are now universal binaries. It means they run on Intel Macs natively.
More information on both iLife ‘06 and iWork ‘06 is now available on Apple’s web site.